1. Notifying OSCR about changes you have been given consent for
You must notify us once you have made the changes that need our consent (listed above). At the time we give consent we will set out the evidence you need to send us and the timescales for doing so.
2. Notifying OSCR about changes that don't need consent
You need to notify OSCR within three months of making any of these changes:
changes to your charity's principal office or the name, or address of the charity trustee specified in the Scottish Charity Register if there is no office – you can notify us by updating OSCR Online
changes to other details set out in your charity's Register entry – you can notify us by updating some of these details in OSCR Online
changes to your charity's governing document (other than changes to your charity's name or purposes):
- Non-SCIOs: you can use the Notification of Changes Made Form to inform us of these changes or email us at email@example.com.
- SCIOs: for changes to a SCIO constitution you should send us:
A. the Notification of Changes Made Form
B. a copy of the resolution of the SCIO’s members agreeing to the change. You can use our resolution template for this.
C. a copy of the updated constitution
any action taken to amalgamate, or wind up, or dissolve your charity, or if there is an application to court to do so (once you have had OSCR’s consent).
You can use the Notification of Changes Made Form to inform us of these changes or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notify us within one month (changes that don't require our consent)
Charities must advise us of the following changes within one month of the change taking place:
- any administration order or an order for winding up made by the court in respect of a charity
- the appointment of a receiver.